Placed in Jobs
Digital Content Editor & Producer – Accountex News
Brighton Office, UK – Full time, permanent role
We are currently recruiting a full time Digital Content Editor to work on Accountex News.
Diversified Communications is the UK division of a successful international exhibition and conference company with over 100 events globally. Already well-established with several successful events in the UK, the company is set to continue to expand significantly over the next few years. We pride ourselves on providing a fun and inspiring workplace, combined with an entrepreneurial, ‘can-do’, attitude. We’ll offer a vibrant working environment — our modern offices are right in the heart of Brighton.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to produce and manage digital content for the newly launched Accountex News to drive unique content and information for the accountancy and finance profession.
The Editor will become an avid follower of news and analysis online within the accountancy profession. An intelligent writer with an eye for current trends in online content, and an adaptable team player with a passion for developing a comprehensive set of digital media skills.
The role will also involve supporting the Event Director in the creation and speaker recruitment of the Accountex exhibition seminar programme.
- Research and write news stories, feature articles, exhibitor blogs, columns, interviews and social media
- Edit and manage website editorial content
- Write and post daily news stories, feature articles and comment pieces
- Create and post original video content (interviews, show reports etc)
- Moderate reader comments
- Liaise with Public Relations and clients via phone and email
- Rewrite, edit, proof read and sub copy to ensure content is ready to go online
- Write, build and publish a weekly news email
- Share content through social media channels and maximize web traffic
- Attend industry events and conferences to maximize networking opportunities and relationship building,
- Visit clients and industry organisations on site
- Keeping abreast of industry news and trends
- Assist the Event Director on developing seminar content and speaker recruitment
- Ensure that all feature articles comply with ethical codes of practice and legal guidelines.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR – Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years editorial experience,
- A passion for writing and an excellent eye for detail,
- Knowledge of email campaign builder,
- Experience of using web content management systems to update online content,
- Able to multi-task, working on multiple projects at a time and to tight deadlines,
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal,
- Excellent attitude and attention to detail,
- An ability to network at all levels,
- Hands-on, get it done attitude as well as being a good team player.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum in additional to Bank Holidays
- Excellent company benefits – including a matched contribution company pension scheme.
This role is based in our Brighton office in the heart of the North Lanes
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 9am – 5.00pm
Please email your CV and a covering letter/email to: firstname.lastname@example.org