We are recruiting a full time Data Executive to join our vibrant team in our Peterborough office.
Diversified Communications is the UK division of a successful international exhibition, conference and publishing company with over 100 events globally. Already well-established with several successful events in the UK, the company is set to continue to expand significantly over the next few years. We pride ourselves on providing a fun and inspiring workplace, combined with an entrepreneurial, ‘can-do’, attitude.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a communications business, data is central to everything we do. This role is strategically essential and will make a real impact from day one. The successful candidate is detail-driven, with an analytical mindset and exceptional data processing skills.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Group Marketing Manager with the implementation of the overall database strategy, including system updates and preparations for the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Maintaining the database (Filemaker) to deliver data clarity and consistency - merging, deleting, cleansing and updating records.
- Managing data exports including scheduling use of lists
- Overseeing data imports to cleanse, merge and add new data
- Processing subscriptions, including personal contact with subscribers via e-mail and telephone.
- Setting up and sending subscription renewal email campaigns.
- Processing returns, unsubscribes and subscription communications
- Overseeing annual circulation audit requirements
- Providing insight and analysis - segmenting data as required
- Liaising with 3rd parties to ensure smooth performance of data related tasks
The ideal candidate will have:
- Outstanding data literacy, able to proactively identify and apply the most efficient solution to varied data processing tasks
- Advanced skills in Excel with competence in sorting, manipulating and formatting large data sets
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working within a similar database administrator/ executive role. Experience of handling data within a marketing, communications or publishing capacity is desirable.
- Experience using Filemaker (desirable) or similar CRM systems
- An analytical mind with excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills in person, in writing and on the telephone
- Ability to work alongside team members and external parties, and under your own initiative