No agencies please.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic web designer specialising in WordPress to join our Design department.
Working alongside the Design Director & the Digital Designer, you’ll be involved in maintaining and updating our extensive portfolio of WordPress websites, from assisting in extending, improving and updating existing sites, content & asset creation including site graphics, web banners and email content, through to planning, wireframing and developing new products.
The role is often fast-paced and reactive, and involves working with the marketing and sales team on multiple projects simultaneously, so attention to detail and organizational skills are essential and a high level of self management is required.
You’ll get the opportunity to create content for a wide range of audiences and styles across our varied trade shows, publications and other events, and develop your skills working as part of a 5 strong creative team in a lovely bright office located in Brighton’s south lanes near the beach.
You’ll have a minimum of 1-2 years working in a relevant role such as developer, digital designer, web designer etc, and be looking to improve your coding abilities.
You’ll have a portfolio showcasing live examples of your work, and the code behind it.
Ideally you’ll be comfortable balancing a methodical approach AND flexibility, and be happy taking direction as well as using your initiative.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with maintaining and updating our portfolio of 20+ WordPress sites
- Developing new website features and improving functionality
- Designing graphics and content for web & email
- Taking briefs, researching and designing digital content for current and new projects
- Developing and improving internal processes and best practice
- Providing support / training to the Marketing, Sales, PR and Editorial teams
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1-2 years commercial experience, working in a relevant role such as developer, digital designer, web designer etc
- HTML5 / CSS3 – strong working knowledge with examples are essential
- Wordpress OR PHP – a solid working knowledge of the basics of PHP / WordPress are essential to this role
- Photoshop – a good working knowledge of photoshop is essential to the role, ideally with some understanding of photo correction / retouching
- Useful: Experience using ACF / Metaboxes / Custom Fields
- Useful: HTML for Email and experience using an email service platform
- Useful: Experience with Woothemes / Woocommerce products
- Useful: Understanding of SEO / Experience with Google Analytics