Diversified Communications UK is part of a rapidly growing, highly successful trade exhibition and media group, with our head office in Maine, USA.
Here in the UK we now organise 15 highly successful trade shows, all of them leaders in their sectors as well as publishing several market leading trade magazines. We are also proud of our digital products that support the industries we work in.
Over 105 highly motivated and talented people work in our Brighton, Cotswolds, Peterborough and London offices, all focused on creating the best possible exhibiting and visiting experiences for our customers. And we all have fun doing it!
This exciting position requires the successful applicant to jump head first into a hands on, busy role with a dynamic events company who pride themselves on offering the best customer service in the industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 2 – 3 years event experience within an operations background who wants to progress to the next step within a growing team.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum plus Bank Holidays.
- Matched pension contribution
- Cash back health care plan
- Contribution to gym membership
You will be responsible for:
- Organise and deliver small to large exhibitions, conferences, networking events and meetings from inception to completion with guidance and support from a manager.
- Assist with ordering catering, furniture, signage, AV, IT, feature areas, venue liaison, staffing, registration, stand fittings, carpet, electrics, security and traffic with input from a manager.
- Respond quickly and calmly to requests from exhibitors, speakers and attendees and maintain impeccable levels of communication between all participants and the rest of the show team before and during the event.
- Ensure all sponsorship packages booked by exhibitors / sponsors are fulfilled.
- Create and develop exhibitor manuals and attendee instructions with guidance from a manager.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure they are fulfilling their obligations and assist the Event Manager to ensure the show is built correctly against all plans and schedules.
- Understand the principles of floorplan design, to include venue rules and health and safety parameters, and ensure these are incorporated. Take responsibility for the accuracy of floorplans at all stages.
- Arrange travel and hotel arrangements for staff within a pre-set budget.
- Ad-hoc administration tasks as required by managers.
- In partnership with the Event Manager / Event Director formulate and control the operational budget.
- Attend meetings with internal team members, contractors and venues and contribute as necessary to add value to the event.
- Be actively involved on the show floor during all periods of tenancy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional Organisational Skills: Your organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task, is second to none. With hundreds of clients working over a portfolio of events you will be called upon to juggle a large volume of tasks on a daily basis.
- Outstanding Customer Service: You naturally provide exceptional customer service and are always willing to go the extra mile for your clients
- Excellent communication skills: There will be a lot of communication by email and phone but on site you will be face to face with your clients where your communication skills will need to excel.
- Ability to work under pressure: You thrive at working under pressure but equally you plan ahead to ensure that you take advantage of down times. The nature of the events business is that customer enquiries hit their peak just as you reach your busiest stage in the planning cycle.
- High energy, proactive individual: You are a proactive individual who does everything to the best of your ability. You thrive when working for a company that is known as one of the best in the industry.
- Positive friendly attitude: You have a positive, ‘can do’ type of attitude and are always willing to give something a try.
- Fast Learner: You are a fast learner always keen to grow and develop.
- Computer Literate: Experience of all Microsoft Office packages is vital and use of a CRM is essential.
- Willingness to be flexible: Flexibility is key when working for a small company. You are a team player that is happy to assist with other team members tasks where required. If a new challenge is identified you are happy to change focus and work towards the common goal.